WISPA works to promote the development, advancement and unification of the wireless Internet service provider industry.
- Encourage Congress and the FCC to write laws that support the survival and success of community-based wireless Internet service providers (WISPs).
- Provide online technical forums that enable and encourage the sharing and exchange of information between all the members of the WISP community.
- Demystify government rules and regulations.
- Publicize, promote, demonstrate and maintain a Code of Ethical Business Practices.
- Promote and support industry-wide communication, coordination and cooperation between local WISP organizations, national WISP organizations, community wireless organizations and wireless industry vendors.