email list Policy
- Always be civil and professional.
- No rude comments.
- No Profanity. ”Profanity” is a word, expression, gesture, or other social behavior which is socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude, vulgar, desecrating, or showing disrespect.
- No ad hominem personal attacks. Ad hominem abuse usually involves insulting or belittling one’s opponent in order to invalidate their argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent’s argument. This tactic is logically false because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent’s personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent’s arguments or assertions.
- No selling or self-promotion allowed.
- In response to a specifically stated need, WISPA Vendor and Principal Members are allowed to state whether they have a particular product or service that meets to poster’s needs. Subsequent conversations about purchasing the product or service and/or pricing information should be taken off-list.
- WISPA Vendor and Principal Members are encouraged to ask a poster to contact them off list for additional information.
- Members and non-members in violation of this policy will receive a $250 “No Advertising” invoice for each violation. Failure to pay within 10 days will result in permanent subscriber removal from all WISPA lists, including re-subscriptions using different email addresses.
- No Partisan Political Discussion. WISPA’s policies are not “Democratic” or “Republican”, therefore “party” politicking is prohibited. Government policy discussion is allowed and considered constructive when such discussions relate to determining policy and codifying that policy into law. As a lobbying organization, WISPA must deal with political realities; however, WISPA’s policies are determined by what is best for all its members, not by a particular political party, belief, or partisan viewpoint. Partisan political discussion drives dues-paying members away by denying them their right to a constructive, solution-oriented list that addresses solutions to their real-world business issues. Therefore, partisan political posts are strictly prohibited.
- No Religious Commentary. WISPA maintains that every person’s religious beliefs are private and should be respected by others. Our forums/mailing lists are not the place for discussion of these beliefs.
- No Racial Slurs or Commentary. WISPA believes that all races and all cultural groups deserve equal respect.
- Read and adhere to the WISPA Code of Ethics.
- Signature lines and files may contain any material. WISPA does not judge, approve or reject posts based on signature file content unless such content is profane, abusive, or racist by its very nature.
- Commercial advertisements of any kind require prior board approval. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Issues regarding operation of the list or problems with list members are to be directed to email@example.com.
- One-time advertisements may be purchased by Non-Vendor members the WISPA Advertisements list for $500/ad. Requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Non-Vendor Members do not have access to quarterly ads published to the Advertisements mailing list.
- WISPA has applied these policies to all Association mailing lists to promote a strong community and to avoid excessive spamming of our mailing list subscribers. These policies are also adopted to create a polite, constructive atmosphere and to minimize destructive, confrontational arguments. They are also adopted to create fairness between all members at the appropriate membership levels.
- 1st Infraction – One email or verbal warning from list moderator, Board or Director of Operations.
- 2nd Infraction – 3-day suspension from all WISPA Lists affected by the infraction.
- 3rd Infraction – 1-week suspension from all WISPA lists affected by the infraction.
- 4th Infraction – Mailing list subscription full moderation/termination imposed.
Infraction-mailing list subscription full moderation/termination imposed.
1) Full moderation imposed if offending party is a current WISPA member.
2) List termination imposed if offending party is not a current WISPA member.