WISPA is a 501.c6 advocacy organization representing its membership and other companies who are part of the industry ecosystem. The Association promotes the development, advancement and unification of the wireless Internet service provider industry.
WISPA has over 800 members consisting of wireless Internet service providers, municipal wireless internet providers, electric and telephone cooperative wireless Internet providers, equipment manufacturers, service vendors and other interested parties.These members support the industry which delivers broadband Internet to over 3 million users via 3000+ Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that serve both residential and business customers, often in exclusively rural areas.
WISPA works to promote the development, advancement and unification of the wireless Internet service provider industry.
- Encourage Congress and the FCC to write laws that support the survival and success of community-based wireless Internet service providers (WISPs).
- Provide online technical forums that enable and encourage the sharing and exchange of information between all the members of the WISP community.
- Demystify government rules and regulations.
- Publicize, promote, demonstrate and maintain a Code of Ethical Business Practices.
- Promote and support industry-wide communication, coordination and cooperation between local WISP organizations, national WISP organizations, community wireless organizations and wireless industry vendors.